Bye Bye birdies

One day I saw two wild caught birds in possession of a bird trapper near
my residence at Lyari town.       
                                                                                       
I just couldn't let them be. I bought them. There was one male Scaly breasted munia and a male Ashy crowned sparrow lark. 
                      
                                                                                                            
The sparrow lark had artificial red, green and yellow paint over it. I waited some days so that its color would fade and when I release it, it would not immediately seen by predators.
 I also used this opportunity to tag both birds with a very thinly rolled alluminium foil around their right leg. I took the birds with me to Hawksbay around my birding patch where I intended to release them.
The munia immediately went into the reeds in front of us and was happily jumping here and three on a thin reed stem in front of us for a good 30 seconds.
While the male sparrow lark flew above and flew in circles for a bit until it landed on the dry plot right next to us.It stood beautifully on the an exposed rock. Oh, how I wished I had my camera with me at that time.
The clouds had a darkening effect over us and the stream side.


Comments

Popular Posts