Starting out at Hawksbay

On the western end of Karachi city lies a famous beach strip known as Hawksbay. My relatives live bout 2 kilometres from the shoreline, who have been living there for the past 30 years and were one of the first inhabitants of the area!

We visit the relatives quite often.The beach is famous for its Pristine waters, turtles and mangrove forests.
Little I knew, this place was going to be my birding "patch".

Behind my relatives houses is a polluted stream which was always "forbidden" to us as kinds.

But as my interest for birding grew, I was ready to search the polluted stream for birds.

My first visit to the place resulted in an epic sight of a Plain prinia singing, It was a lifer back then!

The golden reeds, the green shrubs and the flowing water just filled me up with tears. I was ready to call it my second home. Kinda desperate? I was!

With a little explorIng I found introduced wild guppies!! and some toads and frogs! I brought them home.


Here's a picture of the seaside from internet.


Comments

Popular Posts